The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

RuneScape Community Forums (since 2001)
Profession - Printable Version

+- RuneScape Community Forums (since 2001) (https://runescapecommunity.com)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://runescapecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://runescapecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Profession (/showthread.php?tid=89)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Profession - Giggity - 09-22-2018

CWB licensed welder, I work structural mostly.

RE: Profession - Matt Slater - 09-22-2018

Market Developer.

I basically do corporate espionage in legal form.

RE: Profession - Jacko - 09-27-2018

Fibre engineer.

I install and mantain Britain's digital network infrastructure.

RE: Profession - Wee Man - 09-27-2018

(09-27-2018, 12:29 PM)Jacko Wrote: Fibre engineer.

Tell me why my net randomly drops to 5mbps from 40 until I restart the router.

RE: Profession - Jacko - 09-27-2018

(09-27-2018, 02:32 PM)Wee Man Wrote:

You'll almost certainly be on a copper connection with them sort of speeds. Though your ISP may have billed it as 'fibre' as it could be fibre up to the primary connection point(the green cabinets in the street) and then copper to your house, either way it won't be full fibre. Copper doesn't age well at all and it's susceptible to a whole host of things which can impact connection. Corrosion and the high attenuation rate of copper over even short distances tend to impact service a lot. Fibre doesn't lose much signal at longer distances as the light sent down the glass strand travels very fast. To be honest though, it could fucking anything. Copper is a mess and I'm glad I don't deal with it.  No I install and maintain full fibre networks.

You should probably contact your ISP though as something is amiss.

RE: Profession - Wee Man - 09-27-2018

(09-27-2018, 03:48 PM)Jacko Wrote:
(09-27-2018, 02:32 PM)Wee Man Wrote:

You'll almost certainly be on a copper connection with them sort of speeds. Though your ISP may have billed it as 'fibre' as it could be fibre up to the primary connection point(the green cabinets in the street) and then copper to your house, either way it won't be full fibre. Copper doesn't age well at all and it's susceptible to a whole host of things which can impact connection. Corrosion and the high attenuation rate of copper over even short distances tend to impact service a lot. Fibre doesn't lose much signal at longer distances as the light sent down the glass strand travels very fast. To be honest though, it could fucking anything. Copper is a mess and I'm glad I don't deal with it.  No I install and maintain full fibre networks.

You should probably contact your ISP though as something is amiss.

Thanks, the was very informative.

RE: Profession - ManaPot - 10-05-2018

Self-employed web developer. I have a website that is doing very well for itself, work about 30 minutes a week maintaining it.

So, I just spend everyday doing whatever I want to pretty much (Reddit, YT + light gaming).

RE: Profession - Wise Old Man - 10-05-2018

I'm a Security Supervisor for a large warehouse with high turnover and low pay.. so essentially, a warehouse. Fortunately, the security company is contracted from the outside.

RE: Profession - Wee Man - 10-05-2018

(10-05-2018, 05:06 AM)ManaPot Wrote: Self-employed web developer. I have a website that is doing very well for itself, work about 30 minutes a week maintaining it.

So, I just spend everyday doing whatever I want to pretty much (Reddit, YT + light gaming).

Feel free to help out with 2007rshelp.com Wink

RE: Profession - Fire Hawk154 - 10-05-2018

Working at a gym while finishing my bachelor in mechanical engineering.