The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

RuneScape Community Forums (since 2001)
Mobile Optimization - Printable Version

+- RuneScape Community Forums (since 2001) (https://runescapecommunity.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://runescapecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Community Discussion (https://runescapecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Mobile Optimization (/showthread.php?tid=79)

Pages: 1 2

Mobile Optimization - Dox17 - 09-17-2018

As osrs will be released for everyone in late October, I'd really like to see a site like this optimized for mobile players. I'm no web guy so maybe you've looked into it and are either working on it or it can't be done but I think its essential in this day and age.

RE: Mobile Optimization - Wee Man - 09-17-2018

(09-17-2018, 02:07 PM)Dox17 Wrote: As osrs will be released for everyone in late October, I'd really like to see a site like this optimized for mobile players. I'm no web guy so maybe you've looked into it and are either working on it or it can't be done but I think its essential in this day and age.

How do you mean optimized? The site runs perfectly fine on mobile. Do you mean a mobile skin?

RE: Mobile Optimization - Dox17 - 09-17-2018

(09-17-2018, 02:20 PM)Wee Man Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 02:07 PM)Dox17 Wrote: As osrs will be released for everyone in late October, I'd really like to see a site like this optimized for mobile players. I'm no web guy so maybe you've looked into it and are either working on it or it can't be done but I think its essential in this day and age.

How do you mean optimized? The site runs perfectly fine on mobile. Do you mean a mobile skin?

Just compare rsc to di's site. the rsc site tries to fit the entire page onto the screen which means the user has to zoom in and click on the link to the subforums which can be difficult for people with larger fingers. DI's site is a lot more mobile user friendly right off the bat.
[Image: xet8Ufd.jpg][Image: bYOHVeS.jpg]

RE: Mobile Optimization - Wee Man - 09-17-2018

(09-17-2018, 02:49 PM)Dox17 Wrote:

Just compare rsc to di's site. the rsc site tries to fit the entire page onto the screen which means the user has to zoom in and click on the link to the subforums which can be difficult for people with larger fingers. DI's site is a lot more mobile user friendly right off the bat.

Ye I got you, that's a skinning issue not an Optimization issue, we just need a mobile skin installed that's all.

RE: Mobile Optimization - Dox17 - 09-17-2018

(09-17-2018, 03:09 PM)Wee Man Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 02:49 PM)Dox17 Wrote:

Ye I got you, that's a skinning issue not an Optimization issue, we just need a mobile skin installed that's all.

Then yes, I recommend a mobile skin.

RE: Mobile Optimization - W13 - 09-17-2018

Making a responsive default skin is one of the top priorities of myBB's development team. But if they take too long, there are mobile-friendly skins we can install here. I'm not a big fan of many skins because it multiplies the work when making modifications to the skin.

RE: Mobile Optimization - Jack - 09-17-2018

Good thinking. A dark mobile skin would be nice.

RE: Mobile Optimization - Ryan - 09-18-2018

I’m all for a mobile skin, sounds like it is in the works so I will patiently wait...

OT: I’m still genuinely confused on why the RS website isn’t as mobile friendly. Doing anything on it on a phone is almost not worth attempting.

RE: Mobile Optimization - Murdoc - 09-18-2018

Any way of getting a Lite Mode that people can post with?

RE: Mobile Optimization - Wee Man - 09-19-2018

(09-18-2018, 11:24 PM)Murdoc Wrote: Any way of getting a Lite Mode that people can post with?

I think that'd have to be a separate skin and we're trying not to have too many.