The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

RuneScape Community Forums (since 2001)
What Are You Listening To - Printable Version

+- RuneScape Community Forums (since 2001) (https://runescapecommunity.com)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://runescapecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://runescapecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: What Are You Listening To (/showthread.php?tid=129)

Pages: 1 2 3

What Are You Listening To - Manga - 09-22-2018

What hot new, or old songs are you currently listening to?
What do you listen to in general? I am still a big fan of symphonic metal.

This thread can also be asked for help finding new bands and sharing playlists.

RE: What Are You Listening To - Teddy - 09-22-2018

I'm pretty open to multiple genres, but generally I'm a fan of older music in the form of grunge (Nirvana/Alice in Chains/Stone Temple Pilots/Pearl Jam/Soundgarden/Temple of the Dog/Smashing Pumpkins) and metal. I like Metallica and Slayer, as well as Type O Negative for doom metal, and Dream Theater/Liquid Tension Experiment/Project RnL (smaller Israeli YouTube group) for progressive metal.

-Teddy

RE: What Are You Listening To - Wee Man - 09-24-2018

Recently I've been exploring a lot of emo bands via spotify (Think Sunny Day Real Estate not MCR). I don't think I would of liked or even appreciated the genre a few years ago but I'm really enjoying it at the moment.

Here's a few:

Joyce Manor - Constant Headache
Desaparecidos - Greater Omaha
Cap'n Jazz - Oh Messy Life
Penfold- I'll take you everywhere
Tiny Moving Parts - Caution

RE: What Are You Listening To - Yoto32 - 09-24-2018

Random Gorillaz songs, both old and new. Need them super fast jellyfish.

RE: What Are You Listening To - W13 - 09-25-2018

I know I'm getting old because I have playlists of songs from the late 90s and early 2000s ("The good old days" when music was good). <--- sign that I'm getting old!

So, sometimes I freak out that I'm getting old, and just download Vevo's top songs this week list into my phone. (I don't use Spotify).

I hate being in the car with my younger friends, and they pass me the AUX cord and all I got are my sappy R&B songs from the early 2000s. So just for those inevitabilities, I keep a folder of recent dance (club) songs and recent popular sing-along songs on my phone.

Now Playing: "If You're Gone" - Matchbox 20.

RE: What Are You Listening To - Fire Hawk154 - 09-25-2018

Mostly rock and indierock (Arcade Fire, Pink Floyd, Bright Eyes, The Black Keys), also some older stuff (Talking Heads, Johny Cash, Billy Joel).

RE: What Are You Listening To - Teddy - 09-25-2018

(09-25-2018, 07:27 AM)W13 Wrote: I know I'm getting old because I have playlists of songs from the late 90s and early 2000s ("The good old days" when music was good). <--- sign that I'm getting old!

So, sometimes I freak out that I'm getting old, and just download Vevo's top songs this week list into my phone. (I don't use Spotify).

I hate being in the car with my younger friends, and they pass me the AUX cord and all I got are my sappy R&B songs from the early 2000s. So just for those inevitabilities, I keep a folder of recent dance (club) songs and recent popular sing-along songs on my phone.

But do you really like that new stuff? As in, do you just listen to it to stay relevant, or is it because you do want to but it’s that you wouldn’t have the motivation to seek it out without your friends?

Personally I can get into it at a club or party or some sort of event, but I feel like I would be just as if not more excited to hear the older stuff I like start playing. I can’t really bring myself to listen to it otherwise.

-Teddy

RE: What Are You Listening To - W13 - 09-25-2018

(09-25-2018, 02:39 PM)Teddy Wrote:
(09-25-2018, 07:27 AM)W13 Wrote: I know I'm getting old because I have playlists of songs from the late 90s and early 2000s ("The good old days" when music was good). <--- sign that I'm getting old!

But do you really like that new stuff? As in, do you just listen to it to stay relevant, or is it because you do want to but it’s that you wouldn’t have the motivation to seek it out without your friends?

Personally I can get into it at a club or party or some sort of event, but I feel like I would be just as if not more excited to hear the older stuff I like start playing. I can’t really bring myself to listen to it otherwise.

-Teddy

A big part of it is to stay relevant. I mean, don't get me wrong: we've always had shitty music, even back in the "good old days" of music there was plenty of crap. We only keep playlists of the hits/favorites and have forgotten the trash. This selective memory is probably why the "good old days" sound so much better. Today, we're having to experience the whole unfiltered wall of music... and there's plenty of trash and a few gems too of course.

I remember in high school a kid wanted to be different and pretended to love 80s music and only listen to 80s songs. He'd often feel cool bringing up 80s bands and songs in front of teachers, and share in reminiscing with them. And one day, a teacher who had grown up listening to 80s music straight up said: "Hell no. 80s music was absolute trash. The 80s was the worst thing that ever happened to music. I'd pick even Britney Spears over anything from the 80s" and then proceeded to mention like 10 famous but crappy 80s bands the kid hadn't even heard of. It shut up him tho.

RE: What Are You Listening To - Vio - 09-26-2018

Currently going through a Russian hardbass phase. Don't ask me why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIjKijhv1OU

RE: What Are You Listening To - W13 - 09-26-2018

Russian sounds like the recording of a dude with a gay lisp playing backwards.

Also, wow... I was not expecting a tank and Adidas apparel that early in the video.